2021-2022 COVID-19 Guidelines
Fox Valley Youth Hockey Association (FVYHA) has established the following protocols for the 2021-2022 season (or until further updates or recommendations are provided):
· Masks are optional on the ice and at Tri County Ice Arena.
· We will be expected to follow masking requirements, if there are any, when visiting other rinks.
· A player who is home from school with an illness, should be symptom free and fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication before returning to play.
· Parents and guardians are asked to screen their children each day for all illness symptoms including respiratory illnesses, fever, sore throat, or stomach illness. Participants should stay home if ill until 24 hours without the use of medication before returning to hockey.
Quarantine and Close Contacts
· All participants (whether vaccinated or unvaccinated) that test positive for COVID-19 should quarantine for 5 days from symptom onset or positive test result
· If an on-ice participant (player or coach) tests positive for COVID-19 we ask that notification is provided to the team manager, coach and/or Age Director as soon as possible. Notification will then be sent out to potential close contacts.
· Asymptomatic close contacts will not be required to quarantine. However, we do recommend testing for close contacts. We ask that families of asymptomatic close contacts carefully watch for symptom development.
· Close contacts in the same household as a positive case should quarantine for at least 5 days from the last contact day of the positive case. If vaccinated or have tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 90 days and are asymptomatic there is no need to quarantine.
· If awaiting a COVID-19 test in the household, all members of that household should stay home until results are known. If vaccinated or have tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 90 days and are asymptomatic, there is no need to quarantine.
· Players must bring and use their own water bottles for practices and games. There will be no team water bottle availability or use.
· Hand and surface sanitization materials will be available for member use at Tri County Ice Arena.
· In accordance with WIAA, all participants with severe COVID-19 symptoms, or that are COVID-19 long-haulers, must have medical clearance from a physician to participate.